Here's some ideas:
- Start the weekend off with some Midnight Painting, Friday night at Clay Cafe - have fun and knock off a few Christmas gifts - check! (Ok - not literally "knock off" - I don't think they'll be pleased if you knock the wares off the shelves ;-)
- Then, on Saturday morning, head to the Avalon Mall - Santa arrives around 9 and there'll be a special showing of The Polar Express at 11 (bring a non-perishable food item).
- Spend Saturday afternoon at the Department of Recreation's Outdoor Family Fun Day at Sunshine Park (lots of fun outdoor experiences including archery, orienteering and hut construction!)
- Sunday morning, head over to MUN Botanical Garden for the oh-so-fabulous Winter Woods Walk with Christmas Crafts and more! (10 - 3)
- Sunday is National Child Day (Nov. 20th every year to mark the occasion when Canada adopted the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child), and in recognition, there'll be free family swims at the MEWS Centre and at Wedgewood Park at 1:30 that afternoon.
- After your swim, beat it over to the Rooms real quick: this week's Family Fun theme is Create a Postcard - not only will children create their very own, if they bring an address The Rooms will help make sure it gets to someone special ;-)
- Also Sunday afternoon: Pet Adoption Day (at the Shriners) and the Childhood Obesity Discussion mentioned here.
Have a good one!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)