I know! Exciting, right??
All right, all right, let's all calm down and think: what are we going to do?
Earth Hour.... I LOVE Earth Hour! We celebrate every year and it is SO much fun! For some of my ideas, check out this post from last year. My favourite thing to do is to play hide and seek with the kids in the dark - the thrill they get from being half spooked in the dark adds to the fun ;-) And it makes it so much harder.... I was able to hide under the kitchen table undetected for a good 10 minutes last year - that would never happen if there was light! I think another fun thing to do would be to play some sort of glow-in-the-dark game... I know: have a dance party! Put on glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces, haul out the tambourines, drums and guitars, make wonderful music and dance the night away! Or make an indoor campfire with a grouping of candles on your kitchen table and tell ghost stories....
- switching their clothes from one dresser to another (they share a room) - how long will it take them to find their clothes?
- switch out the dry cereal with pasta.... I can't wait to see their faces when they pour out macaroni instead of Cheerios ;-)
- there is no way I am going to do the classic "saran wrap on the toilet" trick - that just sounds like a major mess for this Mama! But here is my version of it: I am going to saran wrap their bedroom door (from the outside). Ha ha! The first groggy kid that goes to the washroom is gonna have to fight his way out ;-)
- Topsail United Church will be hosting a Breakfast with the Easter Bunny Saturday from 8-11 a.m. There will be face painting and colouring for the children. Details in the calendar ;-)
- If that is a tad too early, no need to miss out on the fun: Join the folks at Holy Innocents Church for Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, Saturday morning from 8:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. In addition to the breakfast of pancakes and sausages, there will be face painting, games & prizes, a nail polish booth and the opportunity for pictures with the Easter Bunny!
- There is an Easter Handmade Craft Market Saturday from 10-4 at Hotel Mt. Pearl (Park Ave) - stock up on Easter treats and support local crafters!
- This weekend marks the start of a new theme for the Fluvarium's Kid's Club Program: April Showers will show children how water is all around us and how every plant and animal on earth depends on clean water. Saturdays and Sundays at 1:30 p.m. from March 31-April 29.
- The Rooms gets in on the April Fool's fun with their theme of Jokes on You! for this week's Family Fun session at 2 on Sunday. Children will join in the fun of fools and make some great gags - with everything from silly slime to funny disguises, you know they'll be laughing ;-).
Have a good one!
For more information on EARTH HOUR, click here.
For a history of APRIL FOOL'S, click here.
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)