Are you singing Christmas Carols yet? Playing your holiday Cd's?
I'm not... but only because DH and I have a deal - not until after Halloween! So just 2 more weeks and one day, people, and I can pop in my A Very Special Christmas Cd's and torture the family singing along to them (horrible singing voice ;-).
This week, my plan is to get everything in order, the final, official plan for the holidays so that I'll get everything done on time. Yes, I know - a bit obsessive perhaps, but it helps me, so why not share?
Without further adieu then, this is my "To-Do" List for the upcoming week:
- Finalize gift list:
- every single person,
- my ideas for their gift
- the budget for each one
- Set budget for overall Holiday expenses:
- other gifts
- wrapping supplies
- craft supplies
- pet gifts (yes, you read it right!)
- Determine which gifts will be homemade:
- figure out which projects I will use/give to each person
- ensure have supplies, if not, buy them
- Decide what project to make/give for Teacher's Gifts (I'll post some ideas on that another week!)
- Christmas Card List
- Make sure have addresses, if not, get them
- Design Christmas Cards & get supplies
- Get children to show me what they are hoping Santa will bring
- Finalize baking list for the year
- check pantry & determine the grocery list for the holiday treats!
- Double check who is hosting what over the Season, and times, to ensure we know where we are going when
- Send out e-vite reminder for my fete on New Year's Eve! Wouldn't want anyone to forget!!
- Determine anything critical and/or quick that can be polished up around the house - in particular, I'm thinking of painting the boys' bathroom.
- Book the following:
- carpet cleaners
- upholstery cleaners
- house cleaners
- hair appointment for December
- hair appointments for boys
- family photos (undecided)
Busy week... but an exciting one!
Deck the halls with boughs of holly.....hm, hm, hm, hm, hm, hm, hm, hmmmm