....Good Morning, Good Morning.... da-dah-da-da-da-da.....
Saying that always makes me think of Viagra.... (TMI, I know, but hasn't that ad done the same to you?).
I digress - It's just such a nice morning out, our little fishies look really nice in the kitchen window with the way the sun is coming through them, AND for the first time this week, both the boys are gone to school and are NOT sick! Woot!
PLUS.... this weekend's forecast has NO snow! That's right - we are getting "sunny with cloudy breaks" all weekend (hey - its NL - you take what you can get, right?).
Sooooo, what to do? How about:
- Head to Bowring Park, go for a walk, feed the ducks, let the kids climb Peter Pan (that's OK, right? If not... ummm, wasn't me), get DH to push you & the imps in that big circular swing in the playground....
- If you didn't draw in the snow yesterday (see post here), why not try it this weekend? Even if you did, the snow we get tomorrow might erase them - draw new ones Saturday AM to enjoy all weekend. Include the date and snap a picture and voila - you've even got a scrapbook page started (adhere to blue, mauve & white 12 X12 card-stock & add snowman decals...Done.)
- Speaking of Saturday, do you have a little Engineer in the house? Head over to the Geo Centre for the Model Bridge Competition where they will be testing the strength of Popsicle-stick-and-glue bridges! This is also a great option if you have a Third Grader - one of the science units is Structures. While you are in the area, why not head up to Cabot Tower and look out over the Atlantic, or see if you can find a safe spot on the hill to go sledding (not ocean side, People!).
- The Geo Centre also has a new 3D film, narrated by Judi Dench - A Rain Forest Adventure: Bugs in 3D. Visit the Insect exhibit then see the film... great for kids interested in creepy crawlies (or if you have a First Grader: they'll be studying butterfly life cycles in the Spring). Click the link in the calendar or sidebar for show times.
- Since I appear to be on the Primary Curriculum theme, one of the units for Second Grade pertains to Whales... and wouldn't you just know that THAT is the theme of this weekend Family Fun at The Rooms? I think they must all be in cahoots ;-). Join the staff at 2PM Sunday for A Whale of a Good Time - kids can see whale teeth and find out what they eat and enjoy other activities pertaining to the ocean's biggest creatures.
Now, THAT'S a busy weekend! Have a good one!
For details on events in & around town, check my calendar regularly! It is on the bottom of every page, or click Events Calendar in the navigation bar :-) The Tely Go Guide is also a good source.