Today I received one such request. Jennifer in Alberta was looking for venues where she could get baby gear for a month long stay here on the Island.... Now, back in the day, I would have recommended Baby Gear to Share, however, they recently stopped accepting new orders in April. Therefore, I had to put a bit of thinking into this one ;-)
So, I have posted my suggestion to her below, in the event that it may be useful to others planning a visit here. I can not guarantee what services these resources can provide, but hey, its a start ;-)
- Bellies and Bundles - maternity/baby store -email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family ChildCare Connections - FCC trains and licenses home based daycares and support mothers/childcare givers of children 0-6. They have a lending library for members & may be able to help - email is email@example.com.
- Frenchy's - second hand store - 709-579-7390
- Brighter Futures Coalition - email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Brighter futures runs a number of playgroups in the area and might have equipment or suggestions.
- Baby Friendly NL - primarily a breast feeding info/support group but may know of organisations/people that can help you: email is email@example.com
- Big Brother/Sisters - email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Health Public Health Nurses - can provide information on regulations/guidelines, and may know of additional resources.
And for my fellow Newfoundlanders, if you have any other ideas or suggestions, please feel free to comment to this post.... I'm sure the Folks From Away would be grateful ;-)