- now through Sunday, Thomas Amusements is at the Paradise Community Centre
- Saturday - get a head start on your Canada Day celebrations at Salmonier Nature Park! they will be celebrating both Saturday and Sunday afternoons with cake, scavenger hunt and a Teddy Bear Picnic with Terry O'Reilly!
MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS - Of course, July 1 is Memorial Day in NL. To recap your high school history class, on July 1, 1916, 801 Newfoundland soldiers fought against the enemy at the Battle of the Somme... the next day, only 68 answered roll call. Long before we joined Confederation then, July 1 was Newfoundland's day to remember our soldiers and honour their memory. You can continue the tradition at one of the following:
- St. Johns - services start at Field of Honor ( Mt. Pleasant Cemetery) @ 9:15, before continuing at Branch #01 Memorial on Blackmarsh Rd, then to Sergeant's Memorial on Queen's Rd. at 10:50 the Memorial Parade will move off for National War Memorial via Queen's Rd, East Duckworth St, Cochrarne St and West on Water St.
- Mt. Pearl - The Royal Canadian Legion Branch 36, Memorial Day Parade begins 10:30am and travels down Park Avenue (beginning at the intersection of O’Keefe Avenue) to the War Memorial at the Park Place Community Centre for a ceremony beginning 11:00am.
- Botanical Garden - MUN Botanical Garden will be giving away forget-me-not cards and bookmarks to all our visitors on July 1. (Traditionally in Newfoundland, a small bunch of real, or paper forget-me-nots was worn on July first, or Commemoration Day. This beautiful little flower was selected because of its name, and also because it flowers on or around July first.)
- Town of Torbay - Memorial Service at Veteran's Memorail, torbay Rd, 11 AM
- You might also wish to visit The Rooms and check out their exhibit The Newfoundland Regiment and the Great War.
- St. John's: Confederation Celebration at Confederation Hill starts at 12. There will be a Kids Karnival with facepainting, games of chance, tattoos, balloon sculptures and bouncy castles. Subway will be on hand creating their 26 foot subway sandwich, Build a Sub game, scavenger hunt, product giveaways and more! Plus, there will be performances by several local artists. Cake at 1PM.
- Mt. Pearl - Join the party at St. David’s Park from 12-3 for lots of entertainment provided by Magician Mark Bailey, Jugglers, Hot Hoops Hula Hoopers, Live Music by Glen Harvey & Barry Kenny, Games & Inflatables,Facepainting and of course, cake & a BBQ! And BONUS: There will be a most outrageously dressed person contest for those wearing red and white. Admission is a non-perishable food item.
- MUN Botanical Garden - enjoy Canada Day Celebrations at the Botanical Garden 10 - 4, including a variety of crafts, stories, games, activities, duck-feeding, nature hikes and prizes will be provided throughout the day.... plus create a one-of-a-kind Canada Day butterfly, follow the Maple leaf trail, and find the hidden butterflies in the flower gardens. Go on a Canada Day scavenger hunt. Refreshments, including a birthday cake, will be provided.
- Town of Torbay - join the Town of Torbay at the Jack Byrne Arena, 12 noon - 3PM for a bouncy house, Mark Webber magic, face painting, Cowan Heights Jump Its performance and treats, including snow cones, cotton candy and cake!
- Town of CBS - from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm on Sunday, The Town of Conception Bay South will be having their annual Canada Day Celebrations at the CBS Recreation Complex (pool). There will be a ceremonial rising of the flag, cake cutting, musical entertainment and lots of fun activities.
- Also on: There is a Canada Day Kid Connection Carnival from 1 pm – 4 pm on the grounds at Eastern Gate Church and it is Day 2 of the Salmonier Nature PArk's Canada Day festivities (1-5). There will be a family-friendly Jubilee Jubilation Concert featuring Dungarvan at Quidi Vidi at 8:30.
- Bowring Park is having a Canada Day Celebration that includes activities for the whole family and a BBQ, so feel free to bring a lawn chair and join us for an afternoon in the park. 2:30-7PM fors cheduled activities.
- Pippy Park's Canada Day Festivities will occur from 2:00pm - 4:00pm. They will have a bouncy castle, bike rodeo, refreshments and other games and prizes.
- FIREWORKS - St. John's Fireworks 10PM Canada Day at Quidi Vidi. Town of Torbay Fireworks July 2 at 10PM at Torbay Beach.
Enjoy your long weekend and your Celebrations :-)