- Some health numbers:
- Today's 20-yr olds will live longer than 20-yr olds from a decade ago, but today's young adults will be sick an extra year of their lives! (Chatelaine, April 2010)
- 6 in 10 of us take at least one prescription drug! (Glow, April 2011)
- 42% of us have wanted, at one time or another, to seek help & treatment for a mental health issue - yet more than one quarter never did. (Glow, April 2011)
- The lesson: eat well, stay active, aim for a sensible work/life balance and don't be afraid or ashamed to seek help for the mind as well as the body!
- Fun & mainly useless info:-)
- Cats have 32 muscles responsible for moving their ears in just about every direction - no wonder they hear so well! (heard on TV - I thought it was cool ;-)
- In France, it is illegal to name a pig Napoleon - hmmmm, seems like this might be an old law ;-) (Read in one of those one-pagers while waiting for a coffee at Chapters)
- Last Sunday - April 3rd - was the 119th Anniversary of the first documented ice cream sundae - Thank you April :-) (Seen on Facebook).
Tidbits of information I picked up this week: