- Let's tackle Mother's Day first - because we want to enjoy OUR day too, right? Not stress out over what to get/what to do for our Mama's and MIL's? Here's a plan, folks:
- Gift from you = Gift Certificate from Lester's Farms so she can pick up flowers or fresh veg as the mood strikes her. They are open 10-6 Friday and Saturday this week, just so you can do just that! They open for the Season later in the month - when you'll be able to take her to visit the farm with her grandkids, pick out a hanging basket or some flowers to plant in her garden...Or she can hold onto it and get yummy fresh carrots, lettuce, etc when they're available. Not bad, huh?
- Gift from the grandkids = hand-painted clay pot (this ties in so nicely with your gift - always thinking, see? ;-). If you aren't up to tackling this one on your own, there is a Clay Pot Make & Take Event at Michael's from 6-8 PM on Friday night. Done.
- On the big day - take her to a nice Buffet-style lunch at Glendenning Golf Course. We have been to a few events there in the past - they are always well done, and the atmosphere is beautiful too. See calendar for details.
- If you already have dinner or lunch planned, then make a different sort of memory - head to Clay Cafe with your Mama & the kids and paint a serving plate or bowl together for a unique memento that can be cherished for years - and generations - to come!
- All right, all right now - who's got your back?? Say it with me: St. John's Mom ;-)
And now for the other stuff:
- Check out Fame Friday night at 8 p.m. Not only will it be a great date night (come on, who doesn't like Fame!!), the Theatre St. John’s Young Company is asking audience members to come dressed in their best 80's inspired outfits and will be presenting prizes for best dressed! (See calendar.)
- On Saturday, head to Timemasters or Downtown Comics for Free Comic Book Day. Participating stores around the world will have special edition comics available for free - just for walking in the store. A BIG EVENT in my family. Some of this years titles include the Green Lantern and Archie. (Link to titles/participating stores in calendar.)
- May is National Scrapbook month - Michael's is having a Scrapbook Make & Take on Saturday AM from 10-12.... perhaps your DD could create a keepsake you can frame?
- Don't miss out on the Home Show this weekend at Mile One or various Spring Fairs/Markets, like the only at Hazelwood Academy.
- Last but not least, if your weekend (and Sunday in particular) isn't already busy enough, the theme of this week's Family Fun at The Rooms (Sunday 2-4 PM) is Wearable Creations....Come to think of it - that sounds like a fun Mother's Day afternoon (stroll through the Museum, participate in Family Fun and then head up to the cafe for a nice bite :-)
For details on events in & around town, check my calendar regularly! It is on the bottom of every page, or click Events Calendar in the navigation bar :-) The Tely Go Guide is also a good source.