Is that the way the song goes? I can never remember ;-) I was singing along to myself though.... because we are going to have a beautiful weekend!
Oops - I probably should not have written that down. I hope I didn't just jinx it!!
This Saturday, September 24th, is the World Wide Day of Play! Wooot!! So, if you are looking for an excuse to get down & dirty with the kids, this is it ;-) Here are some ideas to get your day started:
- Have a stuffie or doll tea/birthday party for breakfast. Your kids will be so thrilled you "remembered" it was Baxter's big day!
- Head to Topsail Beach or Middle Cove Beach, armed with some acrylic paints. Paint yourselves some beach rock pets.
- Break out the sidewalk chalk and invite the neighbourhood kids to decorate your oh-so-boring-plain-black driveway with you.
- Stage an Olympic Event in your back yard!
- Find an uncharted path and head into the unknown on a scavenger hunt for animals, trees and plants.
- Head to the courts in your neighbourhood playground for a game of basketball or tennis with the peeps.
- You + Hubby + kids + soccer ball = need I say more?
- Play spotlight (after dark of course!)
- Play "What time is it Mr Wolf?" - you remember that game, right?
- Head over to Bowring Park or Bannerman Park for some fun and a picnic.
- Chill out over a family board game - popcorn and hot chocolate make it extra special :-)
- Break out all your crafty goodies. Make monsters. Or, Halloween decorations :-) Or Christmas goodies - it is only 93 days away, you know!
- Visit the Pathways' Family Fun Day - Admission is $2 per person and will include a BBQ hot dog and a drink and there will be games suitable for the whole family!
- Head to Thomas Amusements - but YOU have to get on the rides too! (Note: due to an extreme fear of even the most basic rides, I will not be doing this one ;-)
- Go to Family Fun "Back To School" at the Fluvarium, then hike the trails in Pippy Park.
All that, plus Sunday is hoppin' too: it is the day of the Rubber Duck Race, Family Fun events at the Botanical Garden, and quite a few family fun days - see the calendar for details :-)
Have a great weekend!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.