Why can't we leave the glowing ghosts out now until Halloween you ask? Well, the idea is to use those "glow bracelets", and they only last about 6-8 hours....so we'll have to make the ghosts Monday afternoon and hang them on the porch!
And, another note - this is a practice version - I'll show you the end result on Halloween, but, in the meantime, I wanted you to have a heads'-up in case you'd like to try as well!
Before I proceed, here is a picture so you'll know what we are talking about:
So.... here is the idea:
- activate 2-3 glow bracelets or one glow stick (in our test we used one glow bracelet - it didn't glow that much. So, we now plan to use 2-3 per balloon, or to get some of those bigger glow sticks before the big night instead :-)
- blow up a white balloon
- pop your glow sticks/bracelets inside the balloon and tie it shut
- draw a face on balloon (we might do this "upside down" next time so that we can tie a string to the balloon knot for hanging)
- Use white plastic bags to create a body (attach with tape to bottom of balloon and cut into "streamers")
- hang near the door on Fright Night!
We have a couple more ideas to share with you over the next few days as well - come back to find out what the heck these pictures are all about ;-)
Have a good one!