But, we are getting ahead of ourselves!! We have a whole weekend of fun yet before Halloween is officially here! And believe me - there is plenty of frightful and delightful fun to be had (costumes pretty much recommended for everything ;-):
- Halloween Howl - it's finally here! Bring your kids to the MUN Botanical Garden Saturday or Sunday for tons of Halloween fun & activities. Bonus: kids in costume admitted free!
- CJ Moose's Halloween Bash at the Village - treats and crafts for the kids, at 11AM Saturday
- Halloween Party at the Avalon Mall - a bewitching time including storytelling, photos and loot bags -12 noon on Saturday
- Halloween Skate and Trunk or Treat at Jack Byrne Arena: Skate starts Saturday at 4, followed by the "Trunk or Treat" at 5 pm in the parking lot (visit various trunks of local business owners & get some Halloween treats)! Patrons are reminded to keep costumes safe/rink appropriate (no full masks, long clothing or long pointy objects, etc.)
- Boo-la-thon in support of Kids Help Phone on Sunday from 12 noon to 3 p.m, at Plaza Bowl - see calendar or visit www.boolathon.ca to register
- Trick or Treat Orienteering Event - a Halloween Map Quest?? This sounds like a ton of fun - starts at Butterpot, Sunday at 1:30 pm. Beginners and families welcome but you must preregister to ensure they have enough maps for everyone (preregister at www.sjoc.ca)
- Free Halloween Swim for Ghouls & Goblins! Sunday 3:30-4:50PM at both the Mews Centre and Wedgewood Park, call 576-8499 for details
Also on the go:
- 6 Craft Fairs / Farmer's Markets / Bake Sales: Anglican Cathedral, St. Mary's Church, Torbay women's Institute, First United Church, St. John's Farmer's Market and the CLB Armoury Flea Market
- The Brick Bros. Circus - at The Rooms on Sunday from 1:30 - 2:30 pm: a complete tongue-in-cheek, miniature, one-ring circus, performed by highly trained building bricks (!) in itty-bitty sequined costumes. $5.
- Also at the Rooms: Family Fun, Sunday 2-4 - this week's theme is Creature Creations. Children will turn found objects into fabulous friends in this fun puppet workshop!
- Fluvarium Kids
- Halloween Pipe Organ music and Storytelling at the Anglican Cathedral
Have a hauntingly good time ;-)
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)