The Mount Pearl Frosty Festival, which started back on February 2nd, is still going strong, with their Frosty Movie night (MUPPETS movie!) on Friday night at the Kenmount Recreation Centre; followed by the Frosty Family Fun Day on Saturday at the playground behind Mount Pearl Intermediate School. There are many other events on the go over the next few days before the closing ceremionies on Sunday afternoon, so be sure to click here as you plan your weekend!
CBS Winterfest is in full swing, too! Some of their planned events for this weekend include a Children’s Dress-Up Story Time on Saturday at the CBS Library (children come dressed in their favorite costume) and a Teddy Bear Bonanza with Terry Rielly and Sonya Abbott on Sunday at the Royal Canadian Legion. For complete details on these and other events, visit their site here.
Now, that is already a pretty full weekend, if I do say so myself! However, there are a few more events worth mention:
- Join the staff at the Michael Donovan Library tomorrow afternoon for a Valentine's Storytime.
- The Build a Brick Club begins this Friday at Admiralty House Museum.
- There is a Polymer Clay Teddy Bear class on Saturday at Clay Cafe.
- Support the SPCA by picking up a book or two at their “Paws and Read” Book Sale on Saturday at the Freemason's Hall, Mt.Pearl.
- Saturday also brings Cake Walk (like musical chairs but with cake prizes) at Eastern Edge Gallery.
- On Sunday, there is a Valentine Craft Fair at Hotel Mt. Pearl (postponed from last weekend).
- The theme for this week's Family Fun at The Rooms is Happy Valentine’s Day - children will make a handmade card and top off the day with a ‘hearty hat’ that wiggles when they move.
- Don't forget the Kid's Club at the Fluvarium. This month's theme is Life on Ice.
Have a good one!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)