- Halloween is fast approaching! There are all sorts of decorating tips, costume ideas and spooky recipes on the following sites: yahoo - 25 Decorating Ideas; Family Fun - Halloween; Betty Crocker - Halloween Recipes & Pumpkin Templates and Halloween Tips. Check them out and share your creations with us!
- The Vatican was built on a swamp site where Etruscan soothsayers called vaticinia lived, hence the name. In Roman times, as it was mosquito-ridden (swamp!), a pagan graveyard sprouted up there. After St. Peter died, his followers cut down his body in the dark of night and buried him in the pagan graveyard and when Constantine converted he ordered a basilica built over the grave.
- Doctors say being thankful and taking the time to recognise the positive things in your life is not only good for your mind, its good for the body as well: University of California at Davis researchers found that practicing gratitude can lower your blood pressure and make you feel less aggravated. Thankful people are less angry, less negative and usually look for the cup half full rather than half-empty. Other studies show that those who are grateful have lower risks of developing phobias, alcohol/drug abuse issues and are less likely to be depressed. They even have stronger immune systems! (CNN)
- The smaller the squash, the more flavourful it is.... (Viva magazine)
- Have you even heard about Fatherhood.about.com? Me neither. But it looks useful, even for a Mom ;-) Check out this article on Teaching Children to be Grateful
Tidbits of information I picked up this week: