This weekend promises to be another fun one here in the City! The forecast is calling for light snow both Saturday and Sunday, which should give everything a fresh, clean sprinkling of snow (it'll look pretty in your pictures :-). Here are some events around town and some other ideas for you & the kids:
- My cousin's Facebook profile pic is Bonhomme Carnaval lately and it has me thinking: after your snowshoeing, skiing or sledding trips this weekend, why not teach the kids a bit about our Acadian/French roots and make Maple Syrup Snow Candy? Yum, right! You don't have to make it from raw sap, like they do in PQ.... here is a link with guidelines for making snow candy from store-bought maple syrup (so, you're cheating a little bit - it's the thought that counts!).
- I mentioned the Inspired Parenting book launch in this post - the official launch is this Saturday night at The Rooms. If you are interested in hearing a bit more about Dr. Maddigan or the book, this could be your opportunity. Details in the calendar.
- The Family Skate (Mile One) and Animal Tracks (Fluvarium) programs continue - see the calender or contact the facilities for details
- Family Fun this Sunday at the Rooms is about Watercolour painting and the wet-on-wet technique. Now, come on! What kid doesn't like to get messy painting? I suspect that doing so in the middle of a museum - where parents usually encourage cleanliness - will make the adventure that much more sweet in the eyes of the little ones ;-)
- Winterlude is this weekend! Finally - it was postponed one stormy Sunday a while back... head down to Bowring park for Family-friendly events, hot chocolate and s'mores. And bring your toboggan & go sledding while you're there too!
- Last but not least - Oil and Water is playing at the LSPU Hall this weekend. It is the story of Lanier Phillips and his "life changing encounter with the town of St. Lawrence"... hmmm, might be interesting! EDIT Feb 18th: I just read a review - the blogger was impressed! Click here to read it.
Enjoy it People!
For details on events in & around town, check my calendar regularly! It is on the bottom of every page, or click Events Calendar in the navigation bar :-) The Tely Go Guide is also a good source.