- Your personality traits can affect your health! Impulsive Risk Takers, for example, tend to have more accidents (the highest cause of death if you are under 41). Take the quiz on the Dr. Oz website to see what you should watch out for.
- Would you like a manners cheat-sheet for your kids? The March issue of Parents magazine lists the 25 Manners Every Kid Needs by Age 9 - among them using eating utensils properly and always knocking on closed doors and waiting for a response before entering. You can review the slide show with your children here.
- Also in Parents March issue - how to estimate your child's adult height: for girls, subtract 5 inches from the father's height and average with the mother's height; for boys, add 5 inches to the mother's height and average it with the father's.
- If you have kids, chances are you have hand sanitizer nearby, right? I read in Woman's World (3/7/11 issue) that it is useful for removing labels off packages and bottles due to its alcohol content. Yea! a solution I can really use!
- Just 4 min/day of exposure to daylight can cause chemical reactions in dairy products that reduce their content of vitamin A and can lead to a metallic flavour. Take milk from farther back in the store cooler and store near the back of your fridge to keep the vitamin at its peak (Woman's World 3/7/11)
- SPRING STARTS TODAY! Winter is over - officially at least ;-)
Tidbits of information I picked up this week: