I love this lunchbox idea from Come Together Kids - Candy in a Fruit Can! And she provides step-by-step instructions with pictures - easier than you'd think!
The Food Network has a great slideshow of fun recipes: Cinnamon Stick Fries, Fried Ice-cream Crab Cake; Rice Crispie Sushi.... browse all their ideas here.
Visit AllRecipes.com for Spaghetti Torte, Fish Cake Surprise, Fake Eggs and more:
Last but not least (I think these ones are my favourite) - check out the 26 (26!) foolish recipes on FamilyFun - there's Chicken-NOT-Pie; Rice-Crispie Meatloaf and a Cashew Chicken Stir-fry that will be perfect for us!
Some other thoughts:
- Mario loves his cereal - he'll be surprised when he pours out green milk Friday morning! (Just add a few drops of food colouring to the milk in the carton - if you don't want to dye all of it, remove some milk first and store in the back of the fridge until after the prank).
- Classic - swap the salt & sugar :-)
- My kids love their PB & Banana sandwiches so.... I think I'll make banana hot dogs! (Put peanut butter on a peeled banana and place it in a hot-dog roll... top with chocolate sauce or strawberry jam "ketchup" depending on your mood :-)
- My Nana used to say they used mashed potatoes as ice-cream when filming movies (who knows.... but, that is the inspiration behind this idea!): For supper, have mashed potato ice-cream and Meat-loaf Cake (Make mashed potatoes, then use an ice-cream scoop to put in a cone; bake the meatloaf in a Bundt pan and serve it on a platter drizzled with gravy "icing").
- Easiest-ever: just do things backwards - have supper for breakfast; serve a 3 course in reverse lunch (dessert, then a sandwich, then a soup or salad) and have breakfast for supper.
- Let them think you have gone off the deep end: put their drinks in bowls; and their meat & veg in cups for the day!