I am just back from a lovely coffee date with a great friend. It had been a long time and it was SO nice to connect again - LOVE it :-). So now here I am thinking about the rest of the week and the weekend, and it turns out, it is not half bad.... must be Spring, folks, because the events calendar is packed (scroll to the bottom of the page and check it out for yourself to see what I mean! ;-). Here are some highlight:
- If Friday is your date night, check out the Anna Templeton fundraising dinner "A Taste of the Mediterranean". Doors open at 6:30. If it is nice, take a stroll downtown afterwards!
- On Saturday, start the morning off good & early at the Reid Centre in Mt. Pearl for the annual Mt. Pearl 20-Minute Makeover Kick Off (9AM). Have a coffee and donut, then roll up your sleeves and pitch in to tidy up the City streets - and show the kids how wonderful it feels to help out :-)
- If you are out in the opposite end of town, visit the Landscape and Garden Show at the Jack Byrne Arena (Sat & Sun 10AM-5/6PM). Not only are children under 12 granted free admission when accompanied by an adult, they will be completely entertained by the FREE bouncy castle, FREE popcorn, FREE balloons, FREE colouring station and FREE tree seed kit giveaways! See their facebook page for more information.
- Saturday is also International Astronomy Day! Celebrate it at the Johnson Geo Centre with the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada. They will have an indoor display from 2-5PM and an outdoor viewing (weather permitting) from 4-10PM. You can get complete details at www.stjohnsrasc.ca.
- With April Showers come Spring Sales :-) There are three this weekend that I know of: SPCA Spring Sale (Saturday at St. Mary’s Church, 10AM); Masonic Park Ladies' Auxiliary Spring Sale & Tea (Saturday, 2PM), and the Art Association of NL Spring Show & Sale (Sunday 11AM at the Capital Hotel). Support local! (Note: The Mt. Pearl Handmade Craft Market scheduled for the 28th is cancelled this weekend). Also, there is a new Peekaboo Children's Wear Stylist in town and she is having an Open House Sunday afternoon from 2-4 PM at her house. Visit the Facebook link here for details.
- The usual suspects: St. John's Kid/Hava Java Playdate (Sunday AM); The Fluvarium Kid's Program (theme this month: April Showers) Saturday and Sunday at 1:30, and Family Fun at The Rooms (Sunday 2-4) - this week's theme is Up-cycling Part II: Sock Monkeys and Other Crazy Creatures (children will make the most out of old socks and other reusable materials. With a few simple materials animated creatures will come to life and provide hours of entertainment and fun for the whole family.). (Note: The Build-A-Brick Club usually held on Fridays is cancelled for this weekend.)
Have a Good One!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)