It's here! May-Two-Four!! You wanna know what to do? Do I really have to tell you??
Of course, if you haven't already made arrangements, well then, good luck with that...
Oh, you can't head out of town.... that stinks. But, I have some weekend fun ideas to cheer you up :-)
- Get the whole family together to plant a little veggie garden - buy the seeds, plant 'em, label 'em and watch 'em grow over the summer.
- Head over to the Fill-A-Truck event at the Canadian Diabetes HQ on Topsail Rd. Bring the gently used clothing/items from your spring cleaning to donate to the Truck, and enjoy some refreshments and family activities as well (details in calendar)
- Head to Berg's for an ice cream. Boot it over to Manuals River for a walk while you enjoy your cone.
- Picnic in Bowring Park - classic!
- Invite the neighbourhood kids over for a water gun fight in your backyard. Don't let on that you have a gun too until about ten minutes in, then sneak up on an unexpecting soul, preferably one of your own imps ;-)
- Browse Saturday's paper for garage sales... everyone is out of town = less competition for any goodies/steals you find!
- Have a BBQ (check out these BBQ food safety tips from HSW).
- Try on all your summer clothes (or get the kids to try on theirs), then shop to fill in any gaps ;-)
- Don't forget about the Fluvarium's Kids Club, or the family activities at the Botanical Gardens, see calendar for details.
Have a great long weekend!!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)