- craft sale starting @ 10AM in St. Peters Parish Hall, Ashford Drive, Mount Pearl. There is no admission charge, and tea/coffee & treats will be served!
- Annual SPCA Fall Fair 10-2pm at St.Mary’s Church auditorium on Craigmillar Ave. Something for everyone, including crafts, bake sale items and a wholesome home made Lunch. All proceeds support the animals.
- Gower Street United Church Women 2nd Annual True Crafters Fair is being held from 10 - 3pm in the lecture hall (Gower Street entrance). Admission is $1.
- St. James United Church fall sale and morning coffee from 9:45 a.m. to 12 noon. Cost is $5.
- The Gathering Place Annual Flea Market and Bake Sale from 9 - 1 p.m. Admission is 50 cents. All proceeds in support of The Gathering Place (Military Rd)
|source: The Fluvarium on FB|
Also, this weekend is the first ever Annual Spawning Festival at the Fluvarium! You can go either Saturday or Sunday from noon to 4:30 p.m. Activities include: children’s crafts, games and story time, and there will also be a public lecture and performance by the Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra.
|source: The Rooms|
This week's theme for Family Fun at The Rooms is Sketchy-doodle! Does that bring you back?? Children will be able to turn their sketches, doodles and drawing into art in this Family Fun for everyone (2-4 Sunday).
Another great reason to head over to The Rooms this weekend: at 3PM on Sunday, go see a Patriotic Concert for our Soldier Lads. This play is based on the concerts held during WWI to support the soldiers and aims to highlight the experiences and contributions of Newfoundlanders/Labradorians to the war effort. A fitting start to Remembrance Day Week! Tickets $10.
Last but not least - if you have yet to enjoy an Autumn walk through Bowering Park, MUN Botanical Gardens, Manuels River Trail or Pippy Park, why not take a moment this weekend and do just that? Sunday is looking like a good day for it ;-)
Have a good one!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)