Now, I wouldn't want y'all to be stuck, so here it is - an incomplete Rainy Day guide to get your creative juices flowing:
- Splash in puddles (obvious, yes).
- Count worms in the driveway.
- Make a fort on the deck with a water-proof tarp and trade Pokemon cards or play Bakugans
- Read on the verandah and be happy it is not too hot ;-)
- Break out the Rainy Day Kit!.
- Make plain pancakes for lunch. Have a make-your-own pancake bar with options both sweet (yogurt, fruit, chocolate... yummy desserts!) and savoury (tomato sauce, salsa, cheese.... make pancake pizzas!!).
- Bake cookies! When they cool, turn some into ice-cream sandwiches and save for the next sunny day.
- Have the kids roll up loose change and head to the bank to deposit in their accounts.... or open one, with a debit card no less!
- Head to the Railway Museum, The Fluvarium, The Rooms, Clay Cafe, a Pet Store or a Swimming Pool. See sidebar links for other venues around the city :-).
- Invite the neighbour's kids over for a Movie Party: Dimmed lights + popcorn in paper bags + drinks with a straw + movie is all it takes!
- Have a picnic on the family room floor. Don't forget to pack the basket and put down a picnic blanket! Very important!
- Two words: Dollar Store.
- Go old school - show the kids how to make tin can phones and feet.... you did that when you were a kid, right??
Enjoy your day!