Here are some of the Christmas Cheer Events on the go in town this weekend: Party on, People!
- Take your kids to the Basilica Cathedral Museum now through Dec 20th and explore Nativities From Around the World in their 9th Annual Nativity Exhibit. What a great way to teach the children about other cultures! Exhibit hours are Tuesday to Sunday: 1-4 p.m and for groups by appointment. The Basilica Cathedral Museum is located next to the Basilica Cathedral on the Corner of Military Road and Bonaventure Avenue. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Love You Forever and More Stories by Robert Munsch features six stories about fathers and daughters, mothers and sons, grandparents and friends by the famous children's author. It is playing at the A&C now through Sunday, at 4 & 7PM, with a Pay-What-You-Can performance on Saturday at 4PM. For Tickets call the Arts and Culture Centre Box Office at 729-3900 or order online (www.artsandculturecentre.com).
|source: email (Sandy Gow)|
- The final Midnight Painting "late night, date night, paint night!" for the year at Clay Cafe is this Friday (12PM - 12 AM)! Get your last minute gifts done and have the kids create something extra special for their fathers, grandparents, aunts & uncles!
- Tomorrow afternoon, pop by the Marjorie Mews Public Library for Making Merry at 3:30pm - there will be carol singing, storytelling and holiday fun for all ages!
- The final Farmer's Market for the Season is this Saturday at the Lion's Club Chalet 9AM -2PM. Another opportunity for a unique, homemade Christmas shopping extravaganza ;-)
- Join in the Mummer's Parade excitement Saturday afternoon and share this Newfoundland tradition with the children! Come in disguise - "the more mummers the merrier"! The parade starts 2PM at Bishop Field Elementary, and mummers will weave through Gower Street, Bannerman Park, and the Georgestown area before ending up at The Rooms at 3PM for a Christmas Concert and Mummers Jam with music and dancing. This is an afternoon, community event and everyone is welcome. See the site for complete details... and have fun!
- Sunday afternoon, take a drive up Signal Hill, then pop into the GEO Centre for Christmas at GEO, a family event with crafts, hot chocolate, cookies and music! From 12:30-4PM, regular admission applies.
Of course, there are many other events in and around the city this week - have a gander at the calendar for details on the Family Fun program at the Fluvarium, markets and other upcoming events (like the Make-your-own -bulbs class Wednesday at Clay Cafe). But, most of all.....
Have a good one, People!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)