It is going to be a fairly quiet weekend in the City: apart from the Blue Jays and The Fluvarium's Kids Club (theme this month: Winter Wonders), I am not aware of any other family events (feel free to share any you know of!)...Which might make you think it would be a great weekend to break out the snowshoes, go sledding, or build a snowman, right?
...But, alas, we'll have to save that for another time - perhaps squeeze one of them in after school today - as tomorrow's forecast is +6 and rain, with more rain on the weekend, so this snow likely won't be around en mass for long....
What can we all do then? Here's a couple of ideas I'm throwing around for our weekend:
- Sleep-out in the playroom: set up a sheet as a tent, break out the sleeping bags, flashlights and stuffies, send 'em to bed with a stack of books..... I think they'll get a grand kick out of it ;-)
- Picnic on the Family Room floor - now that the tree is down, it looks so massive and empty. Nothing like a picnic cloth, dirty dishes and a mess to make the space feel small again ;-). I'll just make PB & J sandwiches.... with sprinkles per this cool idea - genius!
- Cars Family movie night - surely we aren't the only ones who got a copy of Cars 2 for Christmas? No. Well, here's the thinking: we'll have the Lightening Fast Wraps recipe from Disney's The Magic Kitchen Cookbook for supper, I still have some McQueen paper plates from a birthday party a few years back that we'll eat off of, we'll sport some Cars tattoos on our arms or stickers on our shirts, watch the movie while eating popcorn out of a Cars bowl and play Cars on Wii after the movie! We can even cuddle in our Cars blanket! (I've scared you haven't I? Sorry. I get carried away sometimes ;-)
- You knew this was coming: Chapters! Coffee & books for me; milk, cookies, book and toys for the boys.... we'll be there for hours!
- Shop the "sidewalk sales" at the Avalon Mall or Village Shopping Centre :-)
- Go through the old towels and blankets and find some to bring over to the SPCA. While we're there, we'll visit with some of the kittens and cats, puppies and dogs and brighten everyone's day!
Have a good one!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)