According to the weather network, we should have milder temperatures on the weekend, and let's cross our fingers that those "isolated showers" don't materialize! 'Cause I plan to head to Bowring Park or Pippy Park with the peeps and have me a nice stroll :-)
A few other things to do this weekend:
- Wear green - Saturday is St. Patty's Day!
- Eat green foods. Try this at a restaurant, I'm sure you'll get some crazy looks form the wait-staff ;-)
- Take in the Handmade Craft Fair at the Mt. Pearl Hotel, Saturday 10-4; or visit Gower Street United Church for a St. Patrick’s Day afternoon tea and sale of baked goods and crafts at 2:30 (with entertainment provided by Whizgiggin).
- Looking for a unique night out? Why not try Do You Think You Can Dance 2012 at the Arts and Culture Centre on Sunday night? Participants will compete in four categories in front of a live audience and panel of judges! Show starts at 7:30.
- Check out Tammy's Auction for Arthritis Research before it is too late! this online/Facebook auction ends on March 18th (Sunday). Many items have been donated and proceeds go to a great cause!
- Don't forget Build-A-Brick Club on Friday evening; St. John's Kid Hava Java Play Date on Sunday AM or the Kid's Program Wake Up at the Fluvarium!
Head's up on some upcoming events as well: Etcetera presents Godspell at Gower Street United Church March 22-25, tickets are available at Holy Heart Box Office; Topsail United is hosting a Breakfast with the Easter Bunny on March 31st and EARTH HOUR is March 31st at 8:30. See calendar for more details!
Have a great one!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)