Well, not exactly.... I had a migraine, fell asleep at suppertime and didn't wake up until the alarm went off this AM! I feel kinda bad about it actually.... Toad told me he was calling out to me in the middle of the night, and I didn't answer him! Poor little thing with no Mama to come comfort at his call! Luckily, his older brother came to his rescue - I am so grateful for the both of them :-)
There is a little bit of everything for everyone this weekend:
- The Downhome Lifestyle Expo starts tonight at the Glacier and runs through Sunday. They promise lots of activities and booths for all ages, including "Newfoundland's first indoor zipline"! For more details, visit www.downhomeexpo.com - tickets are available at the door.
- Sci-Fi on the Rock starts tonight at the Holiday Inn with their Sci-Fi On The Rock Film Festival and AAMP Murder Mystery, followed by Breakfast with Vader & Friends on Saturday morning, a Star Trek luncheon on Sunday and many other events planned over the weekend! Visit them here for complete details and schedules.
- Saturday and Sunday, head downtown and participate in the kid-friendly and free Lawnya Vawnya Festival of Independent Music and Arts Music Crawl. It starts both days at noon at the Model Citizens shop on Duckworth and will continue on to a series of acoustic performances in non-traditional venues throughout the downtown area. Performers to include Laura Barrett, Snailhouse, All the Wiles, Mike O'Neill, Wax Mannequin, Olympic Symphonium, Stanley Brinks, Richard Laviolette and BA Johnston. Bonus: weather should be fine :-)
- Also on Saturday, there is a Craft Fair hosted by District 15 of the Girl Guides at the Holy Trinity Parish Hall in Torbay. Head down and browse the many local vendors, pick up a treat for yourself or get a head start on mother's day shopping and wishing and support the kids and their unit! Details on their facebook listing, here. While you're in Torbay, head over to the Holy Trinity High School as well for the Torbay Multicultural Fair which features food, dance, music and crafts from around the world! 11 AM - 4 PM on Saturday.
- Sunday is Earth Day!!!!! Join the folks at the Fluvarium to celebrate at their Earth Day Fair 12 noon until 4:30 p.m. This event is hosted in conjunction with the Newfoundland and Labrador Environment Network (NLEN) and offers free admission!
- REGULAR EVENTS: St. John's Kid/Hava Java playdate scheduled to go ahead as usual on Sunday (cancellations, if any, will be listed on the Hava Java page/site); The Fluvarium's theme for the Kid's Program this month is April Showers (Sat and Sun at 1:30) and the theme this week for Family Fun this week at The Rooms (Sunday 2-4) is Up-cycling Part I: Rug hooking - in honour of Earth Day, children will learn to up-cycle their old t-shirts and pyjamas into a rug!
For details on events in & around town, check my events calendar regularly - it is on the bottom of EVERY page :-) The Tely Go Guide published in Arts & Life section every Thursday is also a good source.
If you have something to add to the Calendar, please let me know! Complete details can be found here and I welcome being added to any "Events Distribution list" your facility might have :-)