...here are my ideas for 12/12/12 FuN (12 of them!):
- 12 kisses before school, 12 more after school, 12 kisses before bed = 12/12/12 kisses!
- 12 extra minutes of playtime
- 12 minutes cuddling with Mommy
- Everyone share 12 things they are grateful for
- 12 baby carrots packed in lunch
- 12 mini-cookies for snack
- read 12 books to wee-ones or read 12 pages of a novel aloud with older ones
- listen to the 12 Days of Christmas :-)
- Watch the 121212 Sandy Relief Concert
- Tell your kids 12 reasons why you love them
- Tell Hubby 12 reasons why you love him
- Give $12 each to 3 different charities :-)
And just for your reading pleasure, here are 12 tidbits about 12/12/12:
- In Chinese numerology, one represents independence and individualism (a yin quality). Two represents symmetry and balance (a yang quality). When placed together as the number 12, the yin and yang are balanced and bring harmony to each other - and so it is believed 12/12/12 equals lots of harmony!
- 12 can also be viewed as 3 X 4 - Three represents the soul or godhead. Four is the number of earth and mankind. And so, the product of the two numbers, 12, encompasses both the secular and the sacred and brings both to the forefront in our lives today.
- While 12/21/12 is regarded by most as the Mayan End of the World, some believe the date falls on 12/12/12. In response to this and other Doomsday preparations around the world, a group has declared that today is Anti-Doomsday Day to encourage rational thinking and reason!
- 12 is easily divided into halves, thirds, fourths, sixths and twelfths, one of the reasons it is so commonly used in measurements: 12 inches in a foot, 12 ounces in a troy pound (used to measure gold, silver and gems), and 12 in a dozen, etc.
- The number 12 is prominent in religion -12 apostles, 12 Days of Christmas, Jacob fathered 12 sons leading to the 12 tribes of Israel...
- ... and it is also prominent in mythology - 12 Olympian gods, 12 labours of Hercules...
- ... and in the zodiac: 12 signs in both the Western Zodiac and in Chinese astrology
- Most humans have 12 pairs of ribs.
- There are 12 face cards in a deck.
- 12 people have walked on the moon: Neil Armstrong; Buzz Aldrin; Pete Conrad ; Alan Bean ; Alan Shepard ; Ed Mitchell; David Scott; James Irwin; John Young; Charles Duke; Harrison “Jack” Schmitt; Eugene Cernan
- December 12, 2012 is exactly 6 years, 6 months, 6 days from June 6, 2006, or 06/06/06.
- Twelve often represents the end of one cycle and the beginning of another - 12 months in a year; every 12 hours day turns to night or night to day.
|Details on the Sandy Relief Concert here: source|