Last night however, DH and I switched up our roles a bit: HE did the homework and I MADE SUPPER!
Basically, it wasn't going to get on the table unless it was simple. So I used a recipe my Dad brought home one time - a dish a colleague of his made for a potluck. It seemed easy enough and I hung onto it.
I'm glad I did - it was yum! In fact, Autobot #1 says he is going to feed it to his family when he grows up - you can't ask for a better reaction than that, now can you?
1 head fresh broccoli, cut & steamed until just done
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, baked & chopped up
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used cream of broccoli)
3/4 c. skim milk
1/4 c. mayo
1 tbl sp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp curry powder
1 c. shredded cheddar
1 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp melted butter
- Arrange broccoli & chicken in casserole dish
- In saucepan, gradually combine soup, milk, mayo, lemon juice & curry powder. Stir until blended & hot.
- Pour milk mixture over chicken. Top with cheese.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter & spread on top.
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.