I found this list online of Ten Great Kid's Albums. And, since we are all gonna be spending lots of time with our peeps -whether just hanging, on a road trip, or camping - why not have some good music the whole family can listen to? You know, without hearing lyrics about Rihanna's sexual preferences, a Rapper's street life, or the occasional use of four-letter words by just about any top 40 artist....
So, hear it is - the short list from Canadian Parents. For a slide show complete with music clips, click here.
Canadian Parent's 10 Kids’ Albums You Need to Know About
- Lead Belly Sings for Children, Lead Belly (1999) - Lead Belly was an African-American folk and blues musician during the ‘30s and ‘40s. His songs still entertain.
- Here Come the 123s - They Might Be Giants (2008) - The second kid's album from the 90's pop group. I like 7.
- Free To Be You and Me - Marlo Thomas and Friends (2008) - A 70's album re-issued for its 35th anniversary.
- Lullabye Renditions of Guns N’ Roses - Rockabye Baby (2009)- Canadian Parents says it best: "for the really little ones who need soothing lullabies and for parents who don’t want to be driven mental by them".
- Music is Awesome Vol. 2- Yo Gabba Gabba! (2010) - Featuring music by the Ting Tings, Hot Hot Heat and MGMT, and more!
- Underground Playground - Secret Agent 23 Skidoo (2010) - This guy has been called the King of Kid Hop... so if your kids like hip-hop, he's the man.
- Reggae Playground - Putumayo Kids, (2006) - It's always fun to hear music from around the world! This feature reggae from France, Morocco, Trinidad and Jamaica. We have "African Playground" which you might also consider.
- 76 Trombones - Dan Zanes & Friends (2009) - This is Dan Zanes from the ‘80s band Del Fuegos - he started doing children's music after becoming a parent.
- Ablum - Duplex! (2005) - Written by family, friends and children of a Vancouver singer, Veda Hille.
- Kids Rap Radio Vol. 1 & 2 - Various Artists (2006) - Created by Beyonce’s dad, Mathew Knowles, this features "clean" rap! Who doesn't like rap??
|Photo: Canadian Parents|