Which means.... tonight's Party in The Park (Bowring Park 5-9PM) for Jr & Sr High School Students should be a blast for the kids and their parents..... and here are some more events to look forward to this weekend:
- Menchies Frozen Yogurt is celebrating their Grand Opening with a Family Event all day tomorrow, June 23rd. They have a sew of activities planned, including free yogurts, stickers, tattoos, balloons and face painting (from 1-3). Drop by and say Hi from St. John's Mom :-)
- Eastern Edge on Harbour Drive is hosting a series of Urban Art and Gorilla Gardening throughout the city on Saturday as well. Join them for some creative planter gardening, moss graffiti wall and seed bombs! Call 739-1882 or visit www.easternedge.ca for specifics.
- While you are downtown pop into the Railway Coastal Museum for Fergus O'Byrne's celebration of folk songs for children and adults alike, on such fun topics as whales, giants, leprechauns, unicorns, and other favourites. 2-4PM.
- Saturday is also Canadian Forces Day. Join them at Quidi Vidi 11-3 on Saturday for displays, mess tent, children's activities, military demonstrations & prizes. All local military units will be participating.
- Giving Back: on Saturday, there is a garage sale in support of St. John's Curling Club at the Remax Centre, and the 30th Annual SPCA Walk will be held at 1pm that afternoon in Bowring Park.
- The Shopping Channel invades St. John's tomorrow evening through Sunday! Follow Norm Murray on Twitter (@NormOhCanada) for his location and maybe score some free stuff from him or his travel partner, the famous Travelocity Gnome! For the complete scoop on Norm's Second Annual Great Canadian Adventure, check out my post here :-)
- Many of you have a long weekend in celebration of Discovery Day/St. John's Day. There are many events all weekend long at various locations throughout the City, including a Discovery Day Regatta at Quidi Vidi tomorrow, Windows on the West End, Cake.... and so much more. See the complete details here.
- Finish up the weekend with a drive-in showing of The Smurfs, at Jack Byrne Arena Parking Lot, Sunday night at 8:30pm. BONUS - the movie and popcorn are FREE (while supplies last :-)
- Don't forget the usual suspects: Kids Program at the Fluvarium (Sat & Sun at 1:30); St. John's Kid/Hava Java Playdate (Sun @ 9AM); St. John's Farmer's Market (Saturday); CLB Sunday Market; Nature Hike and Family Events at MUN Botanical Garden - see calendar for details on these events and more :-)