Never fear, Good Friends, it is due to make a comeback in a couple of days - by Monday at the latest (rejoice!). In the meantime, here's some stuff to keep you busy:
- For those who don't mind the RDF, or who are quick on their feet should we get a moment of sun, Thomas Amusements is still in the area! At the Goulds Race Track to be exact, now through Sunday. It will help your child burn off some of that I-Am-So-Excited-About Summer-I-Can't Bear-It energy!
- While you are in the area, drop by the Gould's Arena for the launch of Axtion and some fun new indoor rides! From June 15-17th.
- It's Father's Day weekend! Celebrate with Fathers Are Fabulous Story time at Marjorie Mews Library on Friday afternoon (3:30)! Or, head to Bay Roberts on |Sunday morning to partake in the Father’s Day Bicycle Rodeo at Powell’s Supermarket from 9-11 a.m.(in addition to a pancake breakfast to all participants,there are prizes such as new bicycles and loot bags for the kids).
- Maybe Dad is an avid reader? Check out the Atlantic Author Day event listings for Saturday and surprise him! (Click here).
- Movie weekend: enjoy a showing of Disney's Robin Hood Friday night at Wesley Church (7:30PM); or head to Empire Theatres on Saturday morning (10AM) for a showing of the Bollywood Movie Vicky Donor.
- Join a club: there is a Juggling Club meeting Saturday at 2PM and the St. John's Orienteering Club meets at 1:30 Sunday. Contact info for both in the calendar and sidebar.
- The usual suspects: St. John's Kid/Hava Java Play date on Sunday morning (see Hava Java's Facebook page for updates); Fluvarium Kid's Program (theme this month: New Beginnings); and Sunday morning Nature Hikes are back at Botanical Gardens....
- There are some icebergs around the Avalon - visit iceberg finder.com for the locations and go on an iceberg hunt!
- Salmonier Nature Park is open for the season! I was there earlier this month and the great thing about visiting in June and September is that the weather is nice enough for the animals to be out and about, but not so hot that they are hiding in the shade! Pop over for a stroll to see the cute new baby caribou :-)
Whatever you do.... have a great weekend!