Oh yeah, they can be loud, messy little critters can't they?
Well, have NO FEAR - there is plenty to do in this beautiful city during the break to keep your peeps occupied, even if they aren't in one of the many Easter Camps! And, because I like you (I really, really do!), I'm gonna let you know exactly what is on this weekend - and beyond ;-)
- How about fish on Good Friday that you don't have to cook? (Bonus: No fish smell in the house!) - Pop over to the Annual Fish and Brewis Breakfast, Friday Am from 8-11 AM (First United Church in Mt. Pearl - on Park Ave which is off Topsail Rd). It is supposed to be rain/flurries that day, so of course, you'll visit Wednesday's post to pick and choose crafts & activities for the day, before finally heading over to Family Fun: Traditional Egg Decorating with a Twist at Clay Cafe that evening ;-). It's Earth Day too - challenge yourself to decorate and craft with recycables as much as possible!
- Then, on Saturday, no need to face the crowds at the pharmacy for a card to give the 'Rents. Instead, head over to Michael's bright and early (well, by 10AM), and let the little ones participate in their Easter Card Make & Take while you pick up a last minute treat or two :-). Once home, bake a special Easter Treat to enjoy on Sunday.
- Sunday - Just sit back, relax, enjoy your peeps eatin' their Peeps....oh, yeah - you might wanna cook or turkey or something....
- During the week - Take your pick! Seriously, there are so many fun things on to take the children to:
- Everyday this week, Chapter's has a fun activity planned - free - at 11AM. The many themes include Science, Crafts, Games, Reading and - I think this is the biggie for my boys - a Lego Challenge!
- Likewise, The Rooms has a theme-a-day activity planned each afternoon at 2PM (now, how convenient is that! We've got your AM and PM covered ;-). Themes there include Robert Bateman's painting, Recycling, Time Capsules and Birds!
- As well, the Michael Donovan Library (Topsail Rd, across from New World) is holding a Music & Fun program at 3:30 on both Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
Of course, there is a slew of activities you can do "when the mood strikes", and not rely on a program schedule! Every year the boys and I make an Easter-To-Do list with many of the following options - when we are bored we just take our pick ;-)
Take-your-pick Easter Fun List
- Visit the Geo Centre.
- Go to Clay Cafe.
- Head to the Dollar Store.
- See some Movies (they usually have Toonie Matinees, but I don't see it online this year. Keep checking though!).
- Eat out at a restaurant downtown. (Try The Sprout - yummy & nutritious.)
- Feed the ducks at Bowring Park, walk by the River to look for signs of Spring.
- Walk around the neighbourhood; stop by the neighbourhood playground.
- Have a school friend over for the afternoon.
- Sleep-over at the grandparents (this is the night you go out - or stay in, wink, wink - with hubby!).
- Bake a treat - click here for ideas.
- Make a craft - click here for ideas.
- Head to a Recreation Centre or Gym (the Y; the Reid Centre, etc) & shoot hoops.
- Browse The Rooms.
- Hang out at the closest Library and read book, after book, after book.
- Go to Chapter's (you knew I was gonna put that in there, right??).
- Take a walk on Topsail Beach, or Middle Cove Beach. Find the rock that looks most like an Easter Egg, then take a picture of it (because you shouldn't take rocks from the beach, remember ;-).
- Head to Signal Hill - any icebergs or whales? No? Enjoy the wind, take a walk on the wild side, look out over the City - can you see your house? Where Mommy works? Where Daddy went to School?
- Visit the Fluvarium, then walk through Pippy Park.
HAVE A FUN AND WONDERFUL EASTER VACATION WITH YOUR PEEPS!!!